How to Write an Essay about Drunk Driving
Writing an essay on the subject of drunk driving requires the same skills as writing an essay on any other type of subject. Like any other essay, you must start off with a good central thesis and a great deal of excellent research.
Crafting the perfect thesis on drunk driving
A topic such as drunk driving is both easy and hard to write a paper on. It is easy because in some ways the direction of your paper is already prescribed, because no one is going to take a pro drunk driving stance. You will already have some basic thoughts on the subject, which helps to write the paper. But this paper is difficult for the same reason: because everyone will agree that drunk driving is bad, you have to be able to come up with a more specific thesis. You do not want your thesis to be an obvious and oversimplified statement, and you must try to come up with a thesis that has much more substance.
Doing the best research on the subject of drunk driving
Drunk driving is a fairly easy subject to do research on. It is something you hear about regularly on the news or in the papers. The subject is also widely studied by researchers. Here are some different types of research that you should consider if you are going to write an essay on drunk driving:
- Recent Headlines: Drunk driving is one of the biggest causes of traffic accidents and fatalities. You will find many stories written about it in the local newspaper. No paper on drunk driving is complete without addressing the tragic impact it has on thousands of innocent lives each year. Emotions can play an important part in making an effective argument, so you should not ignore these important stories.
- Use the Statistics: the numbers of people that drunk driving affects is astonishing. Drunk driving is certainly on the decline, but there are still thousands of people that die each year from drunk driving related accidents. These statistics offer credibility to your argument.
- Information from Experts: all kinds of drunks, drunk drivers included, have to be taken care of by someone. That burden falls to a variety of public safety and public service positions. Police officers, emergency medical personnel, and hospital staff all have to put up with drunks day in and day out. If you can get an interview with someone in one of these fields, they will be able to share a great deal of valuable information about their experience in dealing with drunk drivers and drunks in general.
- Information from Recovering Drunks: a drunk driver will never get over the consequences of their actions, but many of them try to use their experiences as a tool to teach others in order to prevent future drunk driving harm. If you can find someone willing to share their story, their story will become a very compelling part of your paper.
The one thing you must keep in mind is that drunk driving is not just about statistics. There are always people involved who are harmed with drunk driving. Your paper should use compelling facts and have a strong argument, but you should never forget the emotional aspect as well. This is true for writing an essay about drunk driving, but it is true for almost any other type of essay as well.
Essay guides & manuals
- Take your time in order to complete a quality Doctoral thesis
- Research papers on abortion: what are the main ideas
- Pay special attention to an essay topic while writing your paper
- A Man For All Seasons: how to craft a brilliant paper
- Why do people need using online academic writing companies
- How to proofread your paper in order to get an excellent grade
- Finding a good thesis writing service
- Composing a 5 paragraph essay without a hitch: vital advice
- Medical research paper tips: following professional advice
- Surfing the Net in search of a cheap research project
- Handling APA rules: How to make your research paper look better
- What do people expect to get from academic essay writing services?
- How to write an excellent academic paper about Ancient Greece
Use these academic guides to write better essays, research papers, term papers, theses and dissertations. Remember that we do not charge for our services, so enjoy professional college writing help for free.